Caen Ferry with anyferries.co.uk
Welcome to anyferries.co.uk. Any Ferries allows you to book any ferry online simply and securely.
Book a Caen Ferry ticket for your ferry crossing across the English Channel to the French port of Caen. Choose a Caen Ferry sailing from the ferry operator Brittany Ferries. Book a ferry from the port of Portsmouth to the French port of Caen online and in real-time with Any Ferries.co.uk.
About Caen Ferry
The capital of lower Normandy, Caen lies between two rivers, the Orne and the Odon. Caen was one of the many cities to suffer serve ill-effects of
World War II. During D-Day the city was bombed and is said to have burned for a week before being liberated. The damage was on a grand scale and the
only vestiges of the past to remain was the ramparts of the Chateau and the two great abbeys. These were built by William the Conqueror when he founded
the City in the 11th Century. The beaches are the sites of D-Day landings and some of the best to visit are Mulberry Harbour at Arromanches
(notheast of Bayeaux) and Pointe du Hoc on Omaha Beach.
Caen is a historic Norman city but the newest ferry-port on the Channel. A short drive away is the autoroute to Paris, the south, or routes west into Brittany.
Caen ships dock at Ouistreham, 15km north of Caen, accessed via fast dual carriageway. There are excellent road links to Paris, Brittany, the Loire, the South West, the Mediterranean and the rest of Normandy. Caen has excellent shopping, and many attractions, including two famous abbeys and The Museum of Peace.
Britany Ferries operates the Portsmouth to Caen ferry crossing
Day crossing time is 6 hours. Overnight sailings from Portsmouth arrive 06.30 next day. Overnight sailings from Caen ferry port arrive 06.15 next day. Brittany Ferries Ships operating this route are: Normandie, Mont St Michel.
Getting to Caen Ferry port by Car
From Paris, take the A13 ROUEN/CAEN motorway, and then follow signs to Ouistreham/Car ferry.
Alternative Ferry Routes from England to France
- Portsmouth St Malo, operated by Brittany Ferries
- Portsmouth Le Havre, operated by P&O Ferries
- Portsmouth Cherbourg, operated by P&O Ferries
- Portsmouth Cherbourg, operated by Brittany Ferries
- Poole Cherbourg, operated by Brittany Ferries
- Plymouth Roscoff, operated by Brittany Ferries
- Dover Calais, operated by P&O Ferries
- Dover Calais, operated by DFDS
- Dover Calais, operated by Hoverspeed
- Folkestone Calais, operated by Eurotunnel
- Newhaven Dieppe, operated by Hoverspeed
- Cork Roscoff, operated by Brittany Ferries